Pages

10.18.2012

Back to Knowing Absolutely Nothing

Just the way I like it.

I think WAY too much about things.

And by things I mean my future. Money. What I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Those things.

And by thinking about them way too much I don't mean that I'm a bum. I just have a lot of thinking down time.

Like at work- oh, by the way, I got a job- I make pretzels and pretzel sticks and little nugget pretzels all. day. long. It is the perfect breeding ground for thought about my future. 

And long car rides- I drive a lot these days.

And at night. That's been the worst. My mind stays awake long after my body says it is time to go to bed. My mind races. All I do is think... for hours on end.

And I forget. A lot. And sometimes I have to be reminded. 

And what, you ask, do I forget and need to be reminded of?

That I know absolutely nothing.

But that's ok. I have an incredible Heavenly Father that will lead me in the right direction. I just need to remember that.

So. A little glimpse into what I've been thinking about recently:

  • A Mission- my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) just recently had a change in policy. Instead of waiting until I'm 21 to go on a full time 18 month proselyting mission, I can now go at age 19. 
  • Boys (Men...)- #headdesk. confusion. complicated. love. calling in the nick of time. loss of focus. blech. And, of course, that makes a lot of sense...
  • School- to go, or not to go? To change majors, or not to change majors? To risk not being able to get a job, or not take that risk? To attempt to sell my two current housing contracts, or to just fulfill them? Those are my questions.
  • Work- I don't hate it...all the time...I just need to get into the swing of things. MAKE THOSE PRETZELS, GIRL!
  • Money- #rolleyes. confusion. stupid financial aid jerks. WHY DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND? paperwork. more paperwork. the same paperwork. blech. 
  • Money (Part 2)- WHERE DOES IT COME FROM? And how do I get some? Like, $10,000 worth? Totally and incredibly unprepared for this mission thing. I thought I would be married by 21. Look at me now...
Well. There's your little glimpse into my brain.

Don't you just love how disjointed it is?

Now. Switching topics.

I met the guy in this video below whilst on my mission in Illinois (where I played in the Nauvoo Brass Band). He came with the bagpipe band in July.

And holy cow. Can he play some pipes. Watch and be amazed!


Question of the day: Have you ever listened to an exotic instrument? Have you ever played one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

tidbits of wisdom and knowledge