Pages

1.06.2013

The Awesome Thing About New Years Resolutions

I used to be the kind of person that made new years resolutions like this:

LOSE 100 POUNDS (This wouldn't be healthy for me, by the way. Just an example...)

And on January 1st I went for a run, January 2nd I drank a smoothie, and then on January 3rd I was too lazy to do anything. The resolution was broken and I couldn't ever take that back, so I quit trying.

This year I decided to take a different approach. I made goals like this:

Be healthy.

Love as God loves.

Sleep well. Not too short, nor too long.

Take pictures.

Instead of writing the resolution that required a 180 turn, it became more of a long term progression thing. If I miss a day of working out...no big deal. It's about the big picture. It's about how I will change between now and December 31st, 2013.

Honestly. I think that's what New Years Resolutions were meant to be in the first place.


In other news. I'm starting to like this whole photography instagram stuff. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

tidbits of wisdom and knowledge