Pages

12.30.2012

Retrospect

It's almost 2013! I can't even believe it!

2012 has been the best year of my life, thus far. And boy, did it zip right by.

I spent the morning of New Years 2012 at my friend's house, two hours away from home. I was traveling with her sister, my best friend, to Idaho. At 12:01 AM I looked over at her and said "Happy 2012" and then fell asleep.

Just a few hours later we were off. It was the first time I had ever been on an airplane.

Five hours later, we were in an airport waiting for a bus. Four hours later we were in a hotel room near our campus.

I learned a lot in my short time at school. And I was super fit. I walked EVERYWHERE! Sometimes five or six miles a day. It was the best.

In April I went home for about three weeks. My mom and I ran a lot during that short period. I remember one run in particular- we had a big blow up argument over something and we were so mad that we definitely finished all six miles in under 50 minutes. And then it was over and we were best friends again. Awesome.

In May I left for my musical mission to Nauvoo. The time I spent there in that beautiful city was incredible and priceless. I learned so many things. I also ate a TON of delicious food...and totally lost my fitness from Idaho. But I became spiritually fit- more so than I had ever been before. It was incredible.

I came home in August and floundered for a little while. I couldn't find a job. I was alone while all of my "Nauvoo family" had activities together out west. I wasn't dating much. And by much I mean not at all... School hadn't started. My family was moving. I couldn't find a tuba. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do.

Then October hit. A job. Another mission. A plan. Well, sorta. Still working out the kinks as of now.

In November I started feeling a bit more comfortable with my surroundings. Like I fit in again.

December. I don't even remember it. It has gone by so fast.

And now I'm here.

Tomorrow I will post my official New Years Resolution, but for now a sneak peak:

Do one thing a day that scares you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tidbits of wisdom and knowledge