Pages

11.22.2012

Classic: Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that your day has been wonderful! I know that mine has!

This morning started off with a small breakfast, and then the work commenced! Baking and cooking. Cooking and cleaning. Cleaning and baking and cooking some more!

Then, after the cooking was finished, we sat down and had a wonderful feast.

Family time is always good, ya know? Especially holiday family time!



Now, to list the things that I am thankful for to complete this classic thanksgiving post!


  1. I am thankful that I live on the east coast. It is so beautiful here!
  2. I am thankful for my parents. They're awesome! And they do so much for me!
  3. I am thankful for my siblings. They are so fun. And annoying. And obnoxious. But mostly fun!
  4. I am thankful for my friends. I love talking to them and writing letters to them and finding ways to hang out with them!
  5. I am thankful for my computer. Sometimes it's slow. It's hard to charge. But I have one that my parent's bought me. I'm one fortunate college student!
  6. I am thankful for food!
  7. I am thankful for my job!
  8. I am thankful for this free country and the people who fight to defend it, past and present.
  9. I am thankful for all of the things that I have been through. The good, and the bad. I am grateful for the happy moments and the moments where I thought my heart would break. I am grateful for the laughs and the tears. All of these things have brought me to be the person that I am today!
  10. I am thankful for our house.
  11. And our furniture.
  12. I am thankful for cable TV and the internet.
  13. I am thankful for cell phones. 
  14. I am thankful for all of the social connections that we have today! (Facebook, twitter, et cetera)
  15. I am grateful for my church and the gospel of Jesus Christ! 
  16. I am grateful for my church leaders- there is a prophet and apostles who lead and guide us today!
  17. I am grateful for my political leaders. I may not always agree with them. I may not always like them. But ultimately I believe that they are doing the best that they can. And I'm really appreciative of that!
  18. I am thankful for my bed. It is big and wonderful. And my feet, for the first time in years, don't hang off the edge.
  19. I am also thankful that I'm not 6'0 and over. Those who are...their feet must always be off the edge of the bed. Terrible...
  20. I am thankful that I was able to go on my mission this past summer! And for the people that I met there! They were so incredible! I love and miss each and every one of them!
  21. I am grateful for the temple. I love it there so much!!!!!
  22. I am grateful for this blog. And my new start. Life is beautiful!
  23. I am grateful for Pinterest. So many good ideas!
  24. I am thankful for electricity. Oh yes. It is a wonderful thing!
  25. And flushing toilets too! Oh, sweet modern technology.
  26. I am grateful for institute! It is my mid week spiritual picker upper!
  27. I am grateful for my school! It's a great place to be! The people are great, the teachers are great, IT is great! And inexpensive! Hooray!
  28. I am thankful for the doors that have opened because I've paid my tithing!
  29. I am grateful for the scriptures.
  30. Most of all, I am thankful for Jesus Christ! He died for us, and he LIVES for us! He, who is perfect, has done everything so that we, who are imperfect, can return to live with our Heavenly Father again!
That, in no way, covers everything. It's interesting how incredibly fortunate we find ourselves when we take the time to have an attitude of gratitude.

The happiest people I know are the ones who are most grateful for all that they have!

My goal is to be more grateful for all that I have!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Question of the day: "What if...when you woke up in the morning, all you had we're the things you thanked God for the night before?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

tidbits of wisdom and knowledge