Pages

11.02.2012

Day One- True Joy is Found in the Journey

I live in a place that is incredibly beautiful in the fall. The tree's change into different colors, and the Appalachian mountains provide the perfect backdrop for this perfect scenery.

Six months ago, I wouldn't have noticed the beauty all around me. I was too busy focusing on the future. I hurried past these beautiful scenes, getting from point A to point B as quickly as I possibly could.

And then I went to the most beautiful place on earth. I was awe struck by the magnificence of God's creations. I was deeply touched by the unconditional love that was woven throughout the gorgeous scenery. I remember, after one particularly difficult rehearsal day, I walked outside and beheld the most beautiful sunset you could ever imagine. It was in that moment that I realized that there is joy in the journey.

This was tested when the most beautiful place on earth was struck by drought. The grass, once plentiful and green, turned brown. Almost to dust. The trees started shedding their leaves, not because it was winter time, but because they were dying. Thirsting to death. Even still, I found joy in the beautiful creations all around me. And then there was rain, and I saw beauty in that too.

True joy, I learned from my experiences, is not getting from point A to point B as quickly as you can. It's not staying at point A, enjoying the moment for as long as you can before regretfully jumping to point B. It's enjoying life and the freedom of choice! It's finding joy in the transitions! It's finding beauty in the good and bad!

It's moving on.

And carrying on.

And endearing, not simply enduring, to the end.



Now, check out this awesome video. Have I mentioned how much I love Sam Tsui? A lot, in case I haven't.


Question of the day: Do YOU find joy in the journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment

tidbits of wisdom and knowledge