Pages

11.10.2012

Day 8- Institute

I. love. institute. Plain and simple.

Let me paint the picture for you.

Today I worked from 11-4. I got off work, and attempted to take some things to my grandparent's house. When I finally got there I realized that they either weren't there or they were asleep. Either way, I couldn't give them what I needed to.

So I went home, ate dinner, and left...again.

Forty minutes on the road is nice, especially when I'm by myself. I used to use that time to listen to music that's on the radio, but of late I've just been thinking. And singing. Just essentially getting spiritually ready to learn.

And learn I do! One of the things that we talked about this week is how exercise provides us a balance in life. We used scriptures to back it up.

A little fact about me. I love exercising. I like running. I love walking. I enjoy biking (now-I am finally over my fear- I was in a pretty bad bike accident about three years ago). I like yoga. Step is dangerous, but I do that too. And sports...love 'em. I'm not especially good at any of the above, but that's the great thing about exercise. You don't have to be.

Of late I've had a hard time striking a balance in my life. It feels like all I do is sleep, school, work, school, sleep. Everyday. The only exception is institute, and dances now and then. I have had very little exercise of late. Very little. And I've been stress eating for the last couple of weeks or so. That's no good. I've been trying to get a grip on that for the last few days. It makes me feel sick...all the time. Which just adds to my stress.

Anyways, tonight at institute was a great reminder to me that, in order to strike a true balance that will work, I need to focus on all four aspects of life. Education (work and school), health (eating right and exercising), my relationship with other people (dating, hanging out with my family, spending time with friends), and my relationship with God (scripture study, prayers).

I am so grateful for those little reminders that come. Heavenly Father truly looks out for us and helps us along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tidbits of wisdom and knowledge