Pages

11.11.2012

Day 11- Writing Missionaries

When I was in Nauvoo I thrived off of the letters that my family sent me every week. I didn't receive any letters from anyone outside my family, but that was ok. I was still getting letters from THEM. They were the people that I wanted most to hear from.

I have a bunch of friends out on their missions right now. I have one in the Missionary Training Center (MTC) who is going to California soon. One who is already in South Carolina. One who is in the MTC in Chile. One who is in the Philippines. And another one who is leaving tomorrow to go to the MTC and later to California. And so I figured that I would start writing them, because letters are so important.

One of the things that really strikes me about these missionaries is how they change in the field. A mom of one of the above noted missionaries keeps us very updated with how her son is doing. She posts pictures and letters from him. It makes me so happy to see how happy he is. And I mean, who wouldn't be happy serving the Lord 24/7?

Anyways, writing all of these letters makes me super excited to go on another mission. And anxious to get my call. I was thinking about where I might end up, and the thought that I might be called to serve in Idaho crossed my mind. I may have hyperventilated there for a moment. But I know that I'll go where I need to go. And I'm working on not getting my hopes up for a call to Australia or Brazil. Hardest thing ever.

And besides....I can turn my papers in any day now! Hooray!

For your enjoyment and spiritual uplift here is a video from the life of Jesus Christ, put out by His Church!


Powerful stuff, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

tidbits of wisdom and knowledge